This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what is known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait till the weekend to get this week’s comics. Though thanks to DC, Tuesday Titans too. Sorry for the delay and if any other retailers would like to report their top sellers, please contact [email protected]
Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List of the week
Spawn Universe #1 was a massive hit, not only getting over 200,000 orders and going to a second printing (above), but topping the sales charts this week as well. It wasn’t even close. Notably, the likes of Detective Comics topped DC’s event #1 comic book this week. And a second printing, courtesy of a digital code, also made it in…
- Spawn Universe #1
- Detective Comics #1038
- Infinite Frontier #1
- Wolverine #13
- Amazing Spider-Man #69
- Darth Vader #3
- Robin #3
- Way Of X #3
- Batman Fortnite Zero Point (2nd printing) #3
- Heroes Return #1
Thanks to the following Bleeding Cool Bestseller List retailers…
- Ssalefish Comics of Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and Concord, North Carolina
- Dr. No’s Comics & Games SuperStore. Marietta, Georgia
- Graham Crackers Comics – 12 eclectic shops in California, Wisconsin, Illinois
- Summit Comics & Games, of Lansing, Michigan and Fort Wayne, Indiana
- rodmancomics.com, Ankeny, Iowa
If you would like to contribute to the Bestseller List retailer charts, let me know at [email protected] Retailers come and go, and we always appreciate new blood, especially from retailers in other locations.
Who had this to say…
- Dr. No’s Comics & Games SuperStore – Four Marvel titles, four DC titles, one Boom!, and one Image–but the big winner is definitely the Image title, Spawn Universe #1, which took first place in our store hands-down.
- Ssalefish Comics – This week was not a week where the top 10 was a scale grading downward but actuallly pretty even and steady across all ten spots. Spawn’s Universe did hit a bit higher than everyone else thanks partly to practically everyone buying between 2 to 6 covers but the rest were strong and fairly paced to each other. Those Spawn covers do look pretty handsome all in a row on the shelf.
- Graham Crackers Comics – Two event books barely beat out Wolverine #13 this week. A new Batman title (Batman Reptilian) didn’t break our top 5, are readers finally at their limit for the max amount of Batman titles they will pick up a month?
- Summit Comics & Games, Interestingly, Batman Reptilian and Checkmate came in at 11 and 12. Wonder Woman Black & Gold came in at 15th for us. Those are all disappointing launches. Robin beat all of them. As for an independent, MFKZ came in at 15th. Not a bad launch.
- Rodman Comics: Spawn Universe kicked butt and easily took the top spot. Transformers Back to the Future #4 sold out on Wednesday and sold better than the 3rd issue oddly enough. People really were really digging one of the covers for that issue. Great week.
- Strange Tales #135 CGC 9.0 $1,200
The Bleeding Cool Bestseller List returns next week. If your store would like to be involved, get in touch.